UPDATED MAY 4TH
That's another good recipe TikTok bring us during the quaratine. Thousands of people tested it out until it finally goes viral with millions of new posts and shares every day. And not only on TikTok but also on Instagram and YouTube.
You will see that it begins with a regular pancake recipe. The difference is in the way to prepare it though, and also to eat it. The mini pancakes get the size of a cereal and they seem to accentuate the syrup and butter flavors. As you have more crispy edges, the sirup gets longer to be absorbed.
One hint is for you to let the batter get a little runny, so it becomes easier to spread the mini pancakes all over the coated pan. Grab a spoon and enjoy this wonderful trend!
Regular pancake recipe:
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup whole milk
2 tbsp oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Combine together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a large-sized bowl with a wire whisk.
2. In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together first before folding them into the dry ingredients.
3. Mix together until smooth. The batter must be runny (if too thick fold a couple tablespoons of extra milk into the batter at a time until reaching desired consistency).
4. Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan.
5. Coat the pan with oil if it's not nonstick and heat it over low-medium heat.
6. Spread dots of the batter on the pan with a spoon. The smaller the better. You want to make them small enough to fit several on a regular spoon, but not so small that they burn before they're fully cooked. You have to weigh time and size depending on your pan and heat.
7. Let the mini pancakes fry for some seconds and then flip and fry for another seconds.
8. Place the mini pancakes into a bowl and finish them off with a syrup or topping of your choice.
You may have missed
More recipes for you